PURLEY LAWN TENNIS CLUB INFORMATION FOR MEMBERS
The club is a section of Purley Sports Club which includes sections for Tennis Squash Cricket Bowls Hockey and a Gym (separate memberships apply for each section). All juniors under 18 subscriptions cover both tennis and squash.
If you are looking for a friendly tennis club boasting some of the best playing surfaces in the county then look no further than Purley.
We have 18 courts in all: 6 superb grass; 4 porous acrylic (3 floodlit) 4 artificial clay (two floodlit) and 4 tarmac (one floodlit)
We welcome new players of all standards. Our resident coach Terry Cooper’s team can offer coaching sessions whether you are a beginner or an experienced club player.
We are affiliated to the Lawn Tennis Association and run many teams in local leagues, several internal tournaments and organised club sessions both during the week and at weekends.
Our junior section is run by Head Coach Terry Cooper and offers everything from tuition to regular competitions and even school-holiday fun activities.
Our prized 6 grass surfaces are the gem in the crown and highly popular with members during the summer months. Our artificial clay courts are also extremely popular.
We offer a variety of membership categories to suit the times you are able to play at affordable prices.
For those who just want to relax there is a modestly priced social membership (£68 p.a.) which allows you to enjoy the bar and catering in our the clubhouse 7 days a week.
A large function room and ample parking make the club a major attraction.
So if you are thinking of joining or indeed have already done so a very warm welcome and I hope you will enjoy playing at Purley for many years to come.
Chairman Purley Tennis Club
WHAT PURLEY TENNIS CLUB HAS TO OFFER.....
6 superb grass courts (May to September): 4 artificial clay with 2 floodlit: 4 porous acrylic with 3 floodlit: 4 tarmac with one floodlit: Fully stocked bar with Sky and BT sport
7 day catering: Fully equipped gym (separate fee): Weekly organised club sessions: Internal tournaments: Teams in local leagues: Full-time coach:
Large junior section:
Court booking via Clubsys app
ALL MEMBERSHIP MATTERS ARE HANDLED BY PURLEY SPORTS CLUB firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBSCRIPTION RATES FOR 2021/22
Full adult £395
Midweek to 4 Mon-Fri to 4pm £230
Midweek to 10 Mon-Fri to 10pm £295
Midweek plus Mon -Fri to 4pm plus Sunday £275
19-29 year olds full £140
Juniors 12-18 £75
Under 5 Free
All juniors under 18 to include both tennis and squash membership
Couples over 30 (2 partners living at the same address) Full membership £675
Couples over 30 midweek to 10pm £445
Family 2 Parents over 30 and unlimited children under 19 £775
A playing parent can play with their child for only £25 extra (compulsory for all junior memberships unless parent is already a playing member)
There are special offers on senior squash and gym memberships apply to email@example.com
All memberships are on an annual rolling basis and payable only by Direct Debit spread over 2 to 6 months
HOW TO BOOK COURTS
PLTC USES THE PURLEY SPORTS CLUB CLUBSYS BOOKING SYSTEM WHICH CAN BE ACCESSED ONLINE VIA the Purley Sports Club app APP or via the Purley Sports Club website (see under court booking tab)
You must book a court please do not just turn up and play as you may be asked to leave the court if a booking arrives.
Once you have become a member you will receive your login details from the Purley Sports Club office.
SHOULD YOU EXPERIENCE ANY PROBLEMS BOOKING COURTS THEN CONTACT
office @purleysportsclub.co.uk tel. 0208 660 0608
1. Bookings will be for 30 minute slots and begin and end either on the hour or half hour.
2. A maximum of 4 x 30 min slots can be booked consecutively ( 2 hours ) to allow fair usage of courts by all members.
3. Courts must be booked by parents of under 16’s. The grass courts may be booked by children over the age of 8 only if accompanied by an adult playing member.
4. Courts can be booked up to 14 days in advance or 5 days for juniors.
5. Each member can make a maximum two bookings per day ( ie 2 x 2
hours ) not consecutively
6. Courts being used for coaching or other official sessions will not be available
7. Within seconds of making your booking you should receive an email confirmation
8. The clay courts are in high demand so please end play 5 mins early to give time to sweep the court before the next players arrive.
9. If you are unable to take up your booking you MUST cancel on the app as soon as possible to allow someone else the opportunity of the slot.
10. Please only book a court when you have a definite game arranged. Do not block book courts speculatively.
11. Even if you want to play the same day at short notice please reserve a court You may be asked to leave the courts if a booking arrives. It only takes a second.
12. A polite reminder that appropriate sports clothing and correct footwear be worn on court at all times- no vests or jeans please!
13. Please be aware that Sunday morning in particular and at other times matches involving Purley team are played. Matches take priority over social bookings as they naturally involve teams who have travelled to Purley. If a match has been booked on a grass court and the grass is not fit for play or if it rains during the match then you may politely be asked to move to another free court particularly if you are on a clay court so the match can continue. This also applies if the match is booked on a clay or acrylic court and chooses on the day to move on to the grass. Apologies in advance if on a rare occasion this happens but please be understanding. You can view on the booking system what matches are scheduled.
TEAMS AND LEAGUES.
For more information on how you might play in one of our teams in the Surrey leagues you should contact
For all coaching enquiries please contact our Head Coach Terry Cooper firstname.lastname@example.org (07745 899123) Terry also runs junior activity courses during the school holidays.
Terry Cooper runs our various club sessions ensuring that members participating get to play with others of a similar standard and also on different surfaces where possible.
Saturday from 2 to 4pm (1 to 3 in winter) is open to all full adult members.
Friday 9.30 to 11.30 am is open to all full and midweek adult members.
Tuesday 6 to 8pm from mid April to mid September is open to all full and midweek to 10pm adults.
In order to play in a club session you just have to turn up at the appropriate time and make yourself known to Terry Cooper who will arrange games for you with players of a similar standard. Club sessions last for 2 hours and normally you would expect to get 3 sets in. Of course you can continue after the end of the session on any unbooked courts.
Unfortunately during this season only, until protective measures are taken, we are having to close the 4 nearest courts (2 grass 2 acrylic) to the cricket field during Saturday club session due to health and safety concerns while a senior cricket match is in progress
Terry Cooper looks after our junior section and will help with any questions you may have regarding coaching, tournaments etc.
We also offer a parental playing membership for £25 which allows a parent to have a hit with their child so long as it does not involve coaching or use of a ball hopper.
This parental playing membership is a compulsory condition of all junior memberships unless the parent is already a playing member of the club.
Apply to the Purley Sports Club for details email@example.com 0208 660 0608
From time to time I send out emails via the club office to tennis members under the TENNIS UPDATE heading to keep you advised of things that are happening at the club affecting tennis so watch out for these as they could contain important information!
Anything else you need to know just contact me or one of the committee and we will be pleased to help.
THE TENNIS COMMITTEE
Mike Wells Chairman
Terry Cooper Head Coach
David Fisher Hon. Treasurer
Ellie Cross Ladies Captain
Pete Warnock Committee Member
Robin Sunderland Committee Member
Gary Headon Committee Member
Martin Hewish Men's Captain
Chairman Purley Tennis Club